Thursday, February 4, 2016

DAY TRIP TO: S A L V A T I O N M O U N T A I N


                    

So far, my husband and I have been to Ireland and Mexico together. One of our travel goals for this year is instead of taking only one grand vacation, to take a few smaller road trips to visit spots here in the USA. 

We started by taking a day trip to Salvation Mountain in Niland, CA. It's about an hour from Palm Springs in the middle of the desert. Picture this: you are driving along an empty road and then you see a colorful painted mountain in the distance! It feels like a dream, really. The mountain is made from adobe, straw and thousands of gallons of paint. 
It was Leonard Knight’s life mission to create something showing “God is Love” to the world. After many trial and errors, he built Salvation Mountain. It’s become a lifelong project where it constantly grows and needs to be repainted and maintained. I can’t imagine dedicating that many years into a single project. I truly admire his commitment to make Jesus and His unfailing love be known to the world. I'd say mission accomplished.

If you ever get the chance to visit, go! Its pretty amazing.

Love always, 
Jessica

No comments:

Post a Comment