Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Our first Valentine's Day Married!

 
 

 



 
 

 
 

My husband and I consider ourselves home bodies and try to avoid crowds as much as possible (we like people I promise haha). Before we got married we would avoid the Valentine's Day crowd by either celebrating a day early, having a picnic at the park or just spend it at my dad's house eating pizza. Regardless, Carlos always made sure to make me feel so loved and special.
 
This year I decided to take advantage of the fact that we were now married and own our own home! Since Carlos always made me feel special, I decided to make our first Valentine's Day married very special for him. On February 2rd, before heading off to work that morning, I asked him to be mine with a special bouquet of bacon roses. He loved them so much that he showed off his bacon roses to everyone at work, what a cutie! The fact that it made him teary eyed made me realize all the more that our husbands need to feel loved and appreciated just as much as we do.
 
During the course of the next few days, I kept amping him up for VDay. I took full advantage of the fact that Valentine's Day landed on a Saturday. I started the morning off by making my husband breakfast while he watched Real Madrid play (his favorite soccer team). Then we got ready and headed out to downtown Redlands, had a nice stroll, ate some good food and went back home where I surprised him with our Valentine's Day tent! We exchanged VDay cards & he opened a few gifts, watched a movie and simply enjoyed each others company. It was perfect.    
 
I am so blessed to be married to my best friend, a man who loves me for me but most importantly, loves and fears the Lord.
 
"Above all, love each other deeply, because love covers over a multitude of sins."- 1 Peter 4:8
 
 
 

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful idea! You put a lot of love and thought into this and it's very obvious!!!

    ReplyDelete