Tuesday, July 12, 2016

H a p p y B i r t h d a y D a d d y

April 27th, 2016, the day I found out I was pregnant with my first baby! What a day that was.. I was at work and just had a gut feeling. Mr. M and I had stopped preventing pregnancy and started praying for a baby February 2016. I never in my wildest dreams would have imagined that it would happened so fast! I figured it would take us a couple months to a year, God clearly gave us His stamp of approval. His timing is always perfect. Needless to say, I decided to buy a test during my lunch, took the test and by the time I clocked back in, I was a mother.

I always knew I wanted to find out before my husband and make it oh so special for him. In my head, I had planned to tell him in a totally different way than I did, but because it was his birthday week (and because I simply could not keep this new from him), my plans changed. I found out on a Wednesday, and had to leave for a women's conference on Friday. I REALLY wanted to tell him on his actually birthday (which was on Saturday April 30th) but that wasn't possible since I wasn't coming back from the conference until Sunday. I felt bad enough having to miss spending his birthday with him, now I had to keep this great big secret! I felt like I was going to blow up!!!

I figured the best way to tell him was at my homecoming, where we would be alone and I could celebrate one more year of his life with him. Luckily Carlos was at work that Sunday until 4PM and so that gave me time to get home from the conference and freshen up. I stopped by the store to pick up a birthday cake for him and had them write "Happy Birthday Daddy" on it. It was seriously the sweetest way to tell my husband.



On his way home he called me and I asked him to come to our front door and wait until I came to answer because I had a birthday surprise for him. I covered his eyes up, walked him to the couch and had him sit. He didn't know what to expect and was super nervous. I had him open his eyes and came at him with the cake in my hands singing happy birthday to you... for the grand finally, I placed the cake in front of him and waited for his response. So priceless! Took him a minute, we laughed, cried and hugged for a while. Then we went out and had a celebration dinner. The next week was a blur.

   

All we can say is, God is good.

Love always,
Jessica

2 comments: